Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Tonola Loot!




Well, I am back in Bucerias and have a lot to do today. Gail arrives home tonight and I want to get as much as possible done before she gets here. This morning I already finished and installed a Roman blind in the den. I finished the one for the guest room last week. Now I have to deal with all the stuff I bought in Tonola.

I have three paintings, one piece of wall art and a mirror to install. I also bought a set of three beautiful large floor vases and grasses/reeds to put in them plus a set of three large mushroom "ornaments". I fell in love with them. They have pottery bases and broken glass shades (the mushroom caps) in blue and silver. I have a set of three Aztec tin wall ornaments and a set of three tin frogs. Just about everything is sold in sets of three, including the three pottery jugs which I've put on top of one of the kitchen cabinets. I bought some teal blue glass balls to put in a square box, along with sand and beach glass/stones to make a dining room centrepiece. I have a really funky fired tin rooster-so typical of Mexico! Right now it is about 8am and the real roosters are crowing away outside.

As soon as I get the photos from Ann's camera I will post pictures of our trip.

When we arrived home yesterday aftenoon, Tony and Maureen plus Karen and Bud had arrived from BC and Alberta. It was so great to see them. Last night Karen and Bud, Ann and Jack and I went out for dinner at Miguel Angel's restaurant in the town square. This is such a great little spot. Every night there is live music and the owner, Miguel, is a great guy-really friendly and a perfect host. I had chicken kabobs that were just about the best I've ever had.

Sad to say, it poured rain again all night and is overcast today. Where has our beautiful blue sky gone?

2 comments:

Marg said...

Welcome home Gail. You must be thrilled to have her back, Karen.
Can you believe it... we are still having beautiful, sunny weather here in Victoria... a bit chilly, but then we've just returned from Maui where it was a gorgeous 28 degrees (and no humidity). Oh well... we are very comfortable here and busy with friends.
Bye for now.
Marg

Anonymous said...

It has rained here 4 out of the past 5 days, and our small pergola has fallen over!!! The metal literally was sheared off. There's so much water in the yard that we can't get out there to even get a good enough look at it to figure out what we can do to hopefully repair it. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!

Cat